Woodland Hills Dental Care Notice of Privacy Practices
Effective Date: June 30, 2014
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND
HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY.
If you have any questions about this notice, please contact our office:
Woodland Hills Dental Care
20315 Ventura Blvd Suite C
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
1. Summary of Rights and Obligations Concerning Health Information
Woodland Hills Dental Care is committed to preserving the privacy and confidentiality of your health information. We are required by law to provide you with this notice of our legal duties, your rights, and our privacy practices, with respect to using and disclosing your health information that is created or retained by Woodland Hills Dental Care. Each time you visit us, we make a record of your visit. Typically, this record contains your symptoms, examination and test results, our assessment of your condition, and a record of your treatment. We have an ethical and legal obligation to protect the privacy of your health information, and we will only use or disclose this information in limited circumstances. In general, we may use and disclose your health information to:
- Plan your care and treatment
- Provide treatment by us or others
- Communicate with other providers such as referring physicians
- Receive payment from you, your health plan, or your health insurer
- Make you aware of services and treatments that may be of interest to you
- Comply with state and federal laws that require us to disclose your health information.
We are required to maintain the privacy of your health information and provide you with notice, such as this Notice of Privacy Practices, as to our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to information we collect and maintain about you
- Abide by the terms of our most current Notice of Privacy Practices
- Notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction
- Accommodate reasonable requests you may have to communicate health Information by alternative means or at alternative locations.
We reserve the right to change our practices and to make the new provisions effective for all your health information that we maintain.
Should our information practices change, a revised Notice of Privacy Practices will be available upon request
2. We may use or disclose your medical information in the following ways
- Treatment: We may use and disclose your protected health information to provide, coordinate and manage your care. That may include consulting with other health care providers about your health care or referring you to another health care provider for treatment including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers involved in your care. For example, we will release your protected health information to a specialist to whom you have been referred to ensure that the specialist has the necessary information he or she needs to diagnose and/or treat you.
- Payment: We may use and disclose your health information so that we may bill and collect payment for the services that we provided to you. For example, we may contact your health insurer to verify your eligibility for benefits and may need to disclose to it some details of your medical condition or expected course of treatment. We may use or disclose your information so that a bill may be sent to you, your health insurer, or a family member. The information on or accompanying the bill may include information that identifies you and your diagnosis, as well as services rendered, any procedures performed.
- Appointment Reminders: We may use and disclose Information in your medical record to contact you as a reminder that you have an appointment. We usually will call you at the home and/or the cell phone number provided the day before your appointment and leaves a message for you on your answering machine or with an individual who responds to our telephone call. However, you may request that we call you only at a certain number or that we refrain from leaving messages and we will endeavor to accommodate all reasonable requests.
- Treatment Options: We may use and disclose your health information in order to inform you of alternative treatments.
- Marketing: In most circumstances, we are required by law to receive your written authorization before we use or disclose your health information for marketing purposes. However, we may provide you with promotional gifts of nominal value. Under no circumstances will we sell our patient lists or your health information to a third party without your written authorization.
3. Website Information
- IP Addresses: When your web browser or email application requests a web page from another computer on the Internet, it automatically gives that computer the address where the requested information should be sent. This is called your computer’s IP address (IP stands for Internet Protocol). For most users accessing the Internet from a dial-up ISP, the IP address may be different every time you log on.
- Information Collection and Use Practices: Woodland Hills Dental Care receives your IP address each time you view a web page from the Site. Your IP address is not linked to your email address or any other personally identifiable information. Your IP address may be used for various purposes, including: to diagnose service or technology problems reported by you that are associated with your IP address; to estimate the total number of users visiting the site from specific locales, countries or regions of the world.
- Log Files: When a web page on the site is requested, that request (including the date and time) is logged on our servers with information including the IP address of the computer that requested the page. We use log files for debugging and troubleshooting purposes. IP addresses and access times are not linked to your email address or any other personally identifiable information.
- Data Storage/User Information: All Woodland Hills Dental Care account information (including names, email addresses) and content of email messages are stored on a hosted computer?systems at a remote location. No removable offline copies or backups are made. If you request deletion of your email address or any other identifiable information, your information will be deactivated and removed from our user registration database within 30 days. In reviewing the information above, please keep in mind that Woodland Hills Dental Care cannot and does not assume any responsibility for any actions or omissions of third parties, including other site users, including the manner in which they might use information received either from Woodland Hills Dental Care or independently.
As one of the premier dental practices in Woodland Hills, CA, our team at Woodland Hills Dental Care Center for Dentistry also provides 5-star-rated dental care to children and adults in Calabasas, West Hills, Tarzana, Encino, CA & surrounding areas
Top-Rated Dentist in Woodland Hills, CA
Connect with Dr. Leila on
Our Woodland Hills, CA Dental Office
20315 Ventura Blvd Suite C,
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
Office Hours: Click for Directions
Mon - Thu: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday By Appointments Only