Comfortable Sedation dentistry Woodland Hills
For Painless, Relaxed Dental visits
You should consider sedation if you experience anxiety or fear when going in for dental procedures. Dr. Leila will ensure that you get the top rated sedation dentistry experience in Woodland Hills, CA.
What Is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation Dentistry is a procedure where the dentist will induce different types and levels of sedation to make you feel comfortable and relaxed.
It’s safe and the best solution for those who suffer from anxiety and fear associated with dental procedures. You can choose how sedated you would like to be.
Levels of Sedation
- Minimal sedation: patient will be awake but feel relaxed.
- Moderate sedation: the patient may slur his/her words when speaking and not remember much of the procedure.
- Deep sedation: patient will be at the edge of consciousness but still be awake.
- General anesthesia: patient will be completely unconscious.
How Are Sedatives Administered?
The most common types of sedation forms include the following:
- Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas): The dentist will send the gas combined with oxygen through the mask during the procedure. It will relax the patient and it wears off immediately. It is completely safe.
- Oral Sedatives: These are pills like Halcion or diazepam which relaxes the patient. They will be fully awake, but with less anxiety, and may feel drowsy until it wears off.
- IV Sedation: Intravenous or IV sedatives can put you in varying stages of consciousness. It puts you into a deep sleep until it wears off. The patient will be less aware of their surroundings and might not remember much of the procedure once it’s over.
- Deep sedation (General Anesthesia): The patient will be either almost unconscious or totally unconscious during the procedure. While they are under general anesthesia, they cannot easily be awakened until anesthesia either wears off or is reversed with medication.
Who Needs Sedation Dentistry?
- Patients who have had bad experiences with dental procedures in the past
- The patients with sensitive oral nerves which makes them discomfort.
- Patients with a Resistance to local anesthetic
- Patients with generalized anxiety disorder
Dental sedation can help patients get through many types of major dental procedures, such as root canals, tooth extractions, dental implantation, and more. It’s not offered for regular dental cleanings, X-rays, and other routine care.
Contact Us to learn more about to Sedation Dentistry in Woodland Hills, CA
I invite you to schedule your Woodland Hills Dental Care New Patient Exam.
Your appointment includes a review of your dental and medical history forms, digital x-rays, cleaning, electric toothbrush and consultation with me, for just $129! Refer a friend and both you and your friend will receive 10% off your next cleaning Also, I have a Senior Special Offer: Take 10% Off Partial or Complete Dentures
Call (818)-347-3535 today -I look forward to meeting you!
As one of the premier dental practices in Woodland Hills, CA, our team at Woodland Hills Dental Care Center for Dentistry also provides 5-star-rated dental care to children and adults in Calabasas, West Hills, Tarzana, Encino, CA & surrounding areas
Top-Rated Dentist in Woodland Hills, CA
Connect with Dr. Leila on
Our Woodland Hills, CA Dental Office
20315 Ventura Blvd Suite C,
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
Click for Directions
Monday - Thursday : 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday by appointment only
Friday and Sunday closed